Most digital signage companies make as much profit on specialized hardware as they do software and service. As you browse the major companies online, you’ll see that they sell set-top boxes, HDMI plug-ins, wired and wireless receivers, and proprietary content management systems.
All of this specialization comes at a price:
- A costly initial investment in hardware and software.
- A long-term commitment to the provider, since you’re now stuck with their unique equipment.
- A lack of portability should you decide to upscale or downscale your digital signage implementation.
TapSocial Digital Signage is the 2015 approach to digital signage:
- No unique hardware or software: just the $28 Google Chromecast device which can be used for TapSocial or a multitude of other personal and business uses, and the free Google Chrome browser.
- No long-term commitments: we bill a small monthly fee, and offer big discounts for annual prepayment.
- Very portable: display your digital signage anywhere that you have an internet connection.
TapSocial has several clients with the Chromecast + Chrome browser implementation. We are happy to help answer any questions that you have about this configuration, as well as talk you through the setup process.