TapSocial™ was founded upon the principle that consumers' needs must come first when designing new technologies. In 2011, the company's founders realized that the simple challenge of 'how to integrate social media into our lives in the least obtrusive manner possible' had not yet been solved. By analyzing both novice and expert social media users, the team quickly designed and released to market TapSocial 1.0, which was lauded and loved by its many users. Today, TapSocial continues to listen to its user community and creates elegant, pragmatic solutions that emphasize the company's passion for user-centric design.
- 1856 – Telegraphic printing system invented by David E. Hughes.
- 1863 – First stock ticker invented by Edward A. Calahan.
- 1869 – Universal Stock Ticker developed by Thomas Edison.
- 1960s – Computer networks replace paper tickers.
- 1992 – German news channel n-tv introduces a news ticker at their launch.
- 1996 – First real-time electronic ticker.
- 2001 – News tickers supplement live coverage of 9/11, present on networks ever since
- 2011 – TapSocial streams social media to the personal computer desktop
- 2012 – TapSocial streams Twitter and Facebook together, providing a holistic social media view
- 2013 - TapSocial introduces innovative digital signage solutions